I don’t (want to) buy the idea that it’s too hard to quantify/demonstrate impact of visualization. Yet I want more evidence/stories.
He is my very humble initial step (form your comments and twitter messages):
- Persuasive graphics in Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth
- Hans Rosling’s explanation of world development with Gapminder
- Florence Nightingdale’s Mortality Diagram
- John Snow’s Cholera Map
- Tableau having a $127M revenue in 2012 and going public
- >50k downloads of ggplot2 in the last 4 months
- Better diagnosis for hearth disease
What else? Please send me more!